Our aim is to provide your event with equipment that is safe, hygienic and enjoyable for everyone. It is the responsibility of the client named on this reservation to ensure the following terms are provided and if not then the full amount will remain payable where applicable. Please ensure that you read all of our general terms and conditions and equipment sections relevant to your hire;
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. KOTC will provide all equipment as stated in the confirmation sent directly via our online booking system.
2. The reservations will not be confirmed until 10% deposit has been received.
3. Settlement of balance must be received 30 days prior to event/hire.
4. In the event of any cancellation, any deposits/payments made are non-refundable unless the hirer has paid in full and notice is given 30 days prior to event, in which case 90% will be refunded. (bouncy castle’s will be refunded in full in the event of adverse weather conditions).
5. The hirer must ensure that there is sufficient access for loading at the venue/event to allow equipment to be unloaded, set up, operated, and loaded at the end of the event safely.
We would advise you to check with the venue and inform of us of any potential issues including stairs, lifts, distance, low ceilings, specific timings etc.
6. It is the hirers responsibility to inform us of any traffic disruptions that may affect us arriving at the venue on time e.g. football matches, concerts, race days, protests, road closures etc. If for any reason we are late or unable to attend, no refund will be given unless we have been notified prior to the event to ensure we have made sufficient travel arrangements.
7. Parking must be available at all times while we are on site, if this is not the case then the hirer is liable to pay for any additional parking charges incurred by our staff.
8. We will require notification if your event is within the congestion zone.
9. The area where equipment is being set up is clean and clear from anything that may cause injury or damage to participators, spectators or equipment. We reserve the right to refuse or operate equipment if we believe the venue is unsuitable or unsafe.
10. Adequate power supply must be provided by the venue unless a generator has been specified at the time of booking. Power supply must be within 30 meters from the main power source. If no power source is available or if the power supply is not adequate for this contract then full payment will still be required by the hirer.
11. We will not be held responsible for any obstruction, nuisance or interference.
12. Any damage or soiling of our equipment will result in the hirer being invoiced for the cost of replacing repairing or professional cleaning unless you have added our accidental damage waiver to your booking – in which case you are covered up to £500 for accidental damages.
13. KOTC will use external debt collection agencies to collect overdue payments. We make every reasonable attempt to settle in-house by telephone and then email/written warnings. By agreeing to these terms the hirer is agreeing to pay all invoices charged and on time and understands that if passed on for collection, 15% commission will be added to the total amount owed as well as any court fees, legal fees and collection charges.
14. Payments are made via our online booking system by debit/credit card. If you wish to make an alternative arrangement then please call us to discuss on 01908 234142. Payments can also be made by BACS or by cheque.
15. All inflatable equipment is PIPA tested annually and all electrical equipment is PAT tested, we carry public liability insurance for 5 million pounds and it is subject to the terms and conditions in this contract. Public liability insurance is excluded in its entirety following any claim or injury to any third party or employee whether directly or indirectly related to the use of drugs and/or alcohol.
16. There is no logistics charge for any reservations made within a 20 mile radius from postcode MK5 6ET, otherwise there is a charge of £1 per mile from MK5 6ET.
17. Please also ensure that you have read the equipment sections within this document, relevant to the equipment you have hired for your event.
18. THIS CONTRACT DOES NOT REQUIRE A SIGNATURE - by reading these terms and conditions and ticking the box on your online booking reservation, you have entered into a contract with KOTC Event Hire (King of the Castles) and have agreed to adhere to these terms. If you do not wish to proceed with your booking please contact us immediately and we will cancel your reservation and refund any monies paid. You must notify us within 48 hours from booking to receive a full refund.
1. KOTC will ensure that the equipment is inspected before being packed away from the last event and also as we arrive on site for any signs of wear which can be rectified in good time.
2. All electrical components are inspected for wear and that they are covered by the 12 month PAT test.
3. A trained operator will be in control of the equipment at all times who is briefed in safe running of the equipment.
4. All children to be with a supervising adult.
5. All props will be provided.
6. We will require 1 hour to set up and 1 hour to dismantle which is not included in your allocated photo booth time (there is no extra charge for setting up etc.)
1. The hirer must ensure that the surface, which the floor is to be laid, needs to be both flat and dry. An uneven floor may result in the LED’s not working as the panels will not be able to connect properly. Our staff will not lay the panels on a wet floor as this will damage the panels.
2. KOTC will not be held responsible if we cannot lay the floor due to the surface being wet or uneven.
3. Liquid spillages on the floor can occasionally result in component failure; the hirer is liable for any damage caused. Drinks must not be taken onto these dance floors. The voltage is 240v and the panels are not waterproof. The hirer accepts full responsibility for any damage, injury caused by liquid. The hirer will be invoiced for the replacement cost of any damaged components.
4. The venue must have good access i.e. no stairs, steps so that the dance floor can be wheeled in on a trolley. Where the function room is upstairs you must notify us immediately so that we can make alternative arrangements and allow extra time – failure to do so may result in the floor not being laid.
5. You must also inform us if there is a gravel drive way, ledges or lips that the trolley needs to be pushed on or over.
6. If the access is poor an extra charge may be made in order for extra staff to be allocated to your event to carry the panels into your function room.
1. Hirer to refer to individual units for age restrictions and ensure that no-one over this age group uses the equipment. Details can also be found on our website at www.kingofthecastles-mk.co.uk
2. No food or drink to be consumed on the inflatable (to avoid choking & mess). £20 cleaning fee will be invoiced if the castle needs to be professionally cleaned as a result of food/drink stains.
3. All shoes, badges, jewellery, spectacles and any other sharp objects MUST be removed.
4. No oil-based face paints, party-poppers, coloured streamers or silly string should be used on or near the unit as they can permanently stain the inflatable. Damage to the unit will be invoiced accordingly.
5. It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the castle will fit in gardens or halls – full specifications of all our castles measurements and details on space required can be found on our website at www.kingofthecastles-mk.co.uk, KOTC will not erect a castle in an area that is unsuitable. When castles are going indoors you must also ensure that all measurements including ceiling height of the venue have been taken into consideration – failure to do so may result in your castle being cancelled or extra charges being incurred.
6. No smoking near the unit.
7. Climbing, hanging or sitting on the walls is DANGEROUS and must not be allowed.
8. A responsible adult must supervise the unit at all times.
9. Ensure the inflatable is not overcrowded and limit the numbers depending on age and size of users. If the users are colliding into each other then the unit is overcrowded. Please refer to each individual castles recommended guidelines – details can be found written on each castle or on our website at www.kingofthecastles-mk.co.uk
10. Try to avoid small children and large children using the unit at the same time. Some children require strict supervision.
11. If for any reason you need to switch off the unit, please do so at the main plug socket switch – ensure that no children or adults attempt to jump on the castle whilst it is deflating. The castle should remain inflated at all times and only turned off if absolutely necessary.
12. Do not allow anyone to bounce on the front step, the step is designed to help users enter and exit the unit safely.
13. Ensure that no-one with a history of back or neck problems are allowed to use the castle.
14. Do not allow users on the unit during inflation or deflation.
15. In the event of light rain please keep the unit inflated and do not allow it to be used, you can place a small table over the blower to prevent the rain water being sucked inside the castle. Once the shower has passed you can dry with a towel and then continue to use as normal.
In the event of heavy rain or stormy conditions – PLEASE SWITCH OFF THE UNIT AT THE MAIN PLUG SOCKET IMMEDIETLY.
15. Ensure that the vent on the side of the blower is kept clear at all times and do not allow children to run around the back of the castle.
16. We do not require any payment or deposits for bouncy castles (except disco dome – 10% deposit is required). We do however ask that in the event of cancellations that 1 hour notice is given. We also request that full payment is made for the bouncy castle at least 24 hours before if it is required at a wedding; this is to ensure we do not disturb you on your wedding day (In the event of adverse weather a full refund will be given).
17. KOTC reserve the right to cancel the bouncy castle if the location is not suitable or in the event of adverse weather conditions.
19. Please note that all persons using the inflatable do so at their own risk. The hirer will be responsible/liable for any damage or injury occurring from a result of reckless or misuse (except where KOTC are supervising the inflatable). These guidelines are for the safety of all people using this equipment, and it is the sole responsibility of the hirer to ensure they are adhered to. KOTC cannot accept any responsibility for any injury caused to anyone using this equipment.
20. If you are unsure of anything or if you are not satisfied with your castle please call us immediately at the start of your event so that we can resolve the issue promptly.
POPCORN & CANDYFLOSS
1. The hirer is responsible for informing KOTC if the event is indoors/outdoors to ensure that the correct equipment arrives at the venue. E.g. Marquee, Trailer, or Indoors – Carts/Table set up.
2. The hirer must let us know approximately how many guest will be attending at the event to ensure enough stock is provided for consumption.
3. KOTC will provide all necessary equipment e.g. boxes, sticks etc.
4. The candy floss and popcorn is supplied for a maximum of 3 hours and then is charged at £50 thereafter.
5. The venue must have good access i.e. no stairs, steps so that the equipment can be wheeled in on a trolley. Where the function room is upstairs you must notify us immediately so that we can make alternative arrangements and allow extra time – failure to do so may result in the start time being delayed.
6. If the access is poor an extra charge may be made in order for extra staff to be allocated to your event to carry the equipment into your function room.
7. When using the trailer/marquee outdoors we can run a cable to provide electricity from the venue. If there is no access to an electricity source within 30 metres you must inform us to ensure that we bring the generator. Please be aware that we use a 6kva diesel generator which can be noisy, KOTC will take no responsibility for any nuisance or noise that it may cause to other guests at the venue, although we will take every measure to ensure that noise from the generator is kept to a minimum.
8. A trained operator will be in control of the equipment at all times who is briefed in safe running of the equipment, the operator will also be level 2 certified in food hygiene.
9. Children must be supervised at all times.
THIS CONTRACT DOES NOT REQUIRE A SIGNATURE - by reading these terms and conditions and ticking the box on your online booking reservation, you have entered into a contract with KOTC Event Hire (King of the Castles) and have agreed to adhere to these terms. If you do not wish to proceed with your booking please contact us immediately and we will cancel your reservation and refund any monies paid. You must notify us within 48 hours from the date you booked to receive a full refund.